Joel Buchko Catchers Camp
Buchko played collegiately for four years at Cecil College, a Junior College in Maryland, and at Palm Beach Atlantic University, an NCAA Division II program in the Sunshine State Conference. He was the starting catcher of the 2011 Junior College World Series team that finished 5th in the nation. Buchko received the ICAA Player of the Year in 2013 while playing in Florida. Currently he is finishing his degree in Early Childhood Education at Millersville University where he has been a student Assistant Coach the past two years working with the catchers, 1st basemen and hitters. Buchko has also been giving weekly catching and hitting lessons with players aged 6-18 over the past three years.
This is a four week camp that will run on consecutive Wednesdays from 6:00pm to 7:00pm beginning on October 25th. All participants have the ability to register for individual camp sessions at $40 per week or for the entire four week camp at a reduced rate of $130.
In order to pre-register for an individual session or for the entire four session camp players must contact coach Buchko directly at 717-606-3673 or by email at email@example.com .
Week One (October 25, 6:00pm-7:00pm)
- Warm-ups, conditioning, three stances, receiving with & without base runners, backing up first base
Week Two (November 1, 6:00pm-7:00pm)
- Warm-ups, conditioning, review stances and receiving, blocking and recovering
Week Three (November 8, 6:00pm-7:00pm)
- Warm-ups, conditioning, review stances and receiving, proper throwing techniques, throws to 2B/3B/1B
Week Four (November 15, 6:00pm-7:00pm)
- Warm-ups, conditioning, review throwing techniques, passed balls at plate, blocked third strike and throws to 1B, plays at the plate from infield and outfield
- Any individual session ($40); Full four week camp ($130)
Arm Care & Velocity Training Program
This is a six week program designed to assist all players in the development of throwing velocity while also learning proper arm care management techniques that can be applied moving forward. Sessions will be offered twice per week from 6:00pm to 7:00pm on Mondays and Thursdays. Keystone State Academy instructor Joe Hruska will lead the instruction for this program. For further details and to register by phone contact instructor Joe Hruska directly at 814-282-9329.
* For a video preview of particpants in action in previous year's programs CLICK HERE.
* Participants will have the opportunity to register for one session per week (6 total sessions) or for two sessions per week (12 total sessions).
* * Participants selecting the One Session Per Week option will be able to pick the night they would like to participate each week. The night that each partcipant attends may vary from one week to the next depending on their schedule. (REGISTRATION FEE FOR ONE SESSION PER WEEK = $250)
* Participants selecting the Two Sessions Per Week option will participate on both nights each week. (REGISTRATION FEE FOR TWO SESSIONS PER WEEK = $350)
Date(s): Nov 6, 9, 13, 16, 27, 30 Dec 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21